March 28, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~March 28, 2015

Well, I missed posting last week, but I've been busy preparing to send 40 Easter cards which leaves little time to send or people to send to, and the Easter envelopes are, for the most part, the same.


This is our main Easter envelope.  I picked up the "Hallelujah" stamp at Christmas, but my sister had the bright idea it'd work just as well for Easter.  So, purple ink to match the card and a fern stamp to coordinate with the empty tomb scene on the card.  And afterwards I realized it also was a nod to Palm Sunday.  I thought it still looked a little plain, then I got the idea for the boarder from the next envelope, and the card had gold on it, so it was perfect!  I just traced the outside edge of a stencil.


This one was a joint effort between my mom and myself.  It was the mother of a friend who had to go the a nursing home.  I asked the friend if her mom was especially fond of anything and she said hummingbirds.  Which was great as I had a card with one on and this stamp.  My mom helped draw the flowers and had the idea for the boarder.


This was with a bunny get well/thinking of you card.  I thought the birds coordinated with the rabbit illustration, and I tied them in with a branch.  The Indiana stamps both matched color, and were great as the card is on it's way Indiana!

Be sure to check back next week for photos (& hopefully report of safe delivery) of a Easter themed 13 oz or less mailing (i.e. mailing something other than a box or envelope that is less than 13 oz, so can be mail 1st class)

The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!