August 8, 2011

Making templates for decorated envelopes

Return address borderWell, I’m beginning to understand the fascination mailart holds for some, while I’m not making mail art, at least yet, I’ve found that decorating envelopes is somewhat addictive. When I’m working on the envelopes I think about the people who are receiving the mail seeing it in their mail. I hope it brings a smile to the face of the person receiving it. So here’s another easy way I found recently to jazz up envelopes.

I had seen on a blog (I’m sorry, but I seem to have lost the link) about using a business card to make a border around the address on letters, then embellishing the box. Well, I didn’t really want to free hand it. So, I decided to give the business card itself the decorative edge then use it as a stencil. I wrote the address on the back of the card to check the size, then I cut around it with a pair of patterned scissors (taking a little off one size to

better match the size of the address). Then I took another card and cut it down further to use for a return address. Then I just traced around the outside of it with a marker to coordinate with the stamp. I then went out a little way and traced a strait edge, then filled in between the two lines with another marker. I think it turned out cute:

Decorative address border

I’m linking up to:

MakingThe Girl Creative

Todays Creative Blog

Somewhat Simple
The Stories of A to Z

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea. Found you @ you're so very creative. --Ann @ onceuponafirefly.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love mail :)

    Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!