May 28, 2011

Patriotic Summer Hutch

For summer, I’m decorating in a patriotic theme since 3 of the main patriotic holidays are in a just over a one month span from Memorial Day through Flag Day to July Forth. I want to decorate the whole kitchen, so this may change as I get more time to work on this. But this is what I have right now:

IMG_7326

Please ignore the photos in the frame, I have to find and get in the right size

the photos of my grandfathers who were both in the armed forces to put in them. The flag is from when my grandfather’s casket when he died (not it battle, years after his honorable discharge, but he did serve in the Korean War). The books are on the history of America. These were all just things I found around the house and was able to put together. If you would like read my thoughts on Memorial Day you can read them in my post: Freedom Is Not Free.




The Lettered Cottage

1 comment:

  1. I love that! It's definitely perfect for summer holidays.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!