October 17, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday ~ 10/17/15 ~ Sweetest Day & others

Today is "Sweetest Day" if you're not familiar with that holiday it's a holiday that originated in the Midwest and is similar to Valentine's Day but was originally supposed to be less romantic.  Here's some of the envelopes I sent family for the holiday.

Although it didn't show up well in this scan, the two flowered stamps were pink, it matched the card really well.

This was supposed to be a heart shaped hot air balloon, didn't turn out too great though.

Another Sweetest Day Envelope

 This was a birthday card envelope...didn't have much time to decorate it, so just took three highlighters (yellow didn't show up here) and made little squares to invoke confetti-turned out better than I hoped!


 This was an envelope I made out of an old calendar-the pansies matched the paper I wrote the letter on and for stamps I decided to go through my stash and pick purple stamps, not a certain theme...sure enjoy having a variety of stamps to pick from!



And finally, something I didn't mail:
Local fair had a gift wrap category-made mine mail themed...didn't win, but I think it turned out cute! For the "Stamps" I printed out images I found on The Graphic's Fairy and cut around them with shaped scissors.

The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!