November 7, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~11/8/15~Veteran's (Armistice) Day

This coming Wednesday America will celebrate Veteran's Day, in other parts of the world I believe it's called Armistice Day (as it's celebrated on the day the Armistice to end WWI). A couple years ago I started sending cards that'd I'd found at the local dollar store. It seems to be well received, especially by one who served during the Vietnam War in Hawaii, his wife told me that he really liked/appreciated  it and didn't remember anyone ever doing that for him.  So, if you know a veteran, please consider sending them a card, it may mean more than you know.
This was for my Grandfather who served in the rebuilding of Europe after WWII.


...another card...

...for a WWII Veteran who I think served on the European front (under Ike)... 

 ...a WWII vet who served on the home-front (hence General Marshal who did the same)...
...a Vietnam Marine Vet....
...and finally for someone serving in the Navy linked to the aviation sector.



The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!