September 26, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~September 26, 2015

I'm finally getting back to mailing some fun mail:

This one was to a great aunt who really enjoys her county fair.  I've gone in the past, but didn't make the trip this year.  So,  I made a card with a photo I'd taken of her fair, and did this envelope-I thought the ribbon turned out pretty cute, and I really liked how all the stamps went with a fair-thing entered, etc.


I had to mail a couple brown envelopes for birthdays lately to include all I wanted  to send, but they dressed up nicely:

This one was based on the stamps-there were a couple I really wanted to use, then I picked a couple more to coordinate with the color. As you can see I tried to match the font on the Louisiana stamp in the name-just put a few of the letters in alphabetical order to show what it looked like. 


I used some washi tape I got on after Christmas clearance last year at Walmart.


I took this one into the Post Office and the clerk thought it was very pretty, hopefully the recipient did, too, I know she likes butterflies!  I'm enjoying mixing current and vintage stamps for extra postage.


 This is the back, here's a link to where I found the PDF to print the Butterfly Labels.




This was to welcome a new dog a family member got.


This envelope was enclosed in one of the brown envelopes, but would be cute for a mailed one, too.


The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work, Sarah! I'm sure everyone who received one of your beautiful envelopes was smiling broadly the rest of the day.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly labels are beautiful - thank you for sharing that website - I've pinned loads from it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome-glad to help! Isn't it a great website?

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!