February 28, 2015

Smiles Sent Saturday~2/28/2015~LetterMo

The last week of A Month of Letters Challenge was great for me I sent over a dozen pieces of mail!


This envelope went to an aunt in an area of the country getting having a hard winter, so for fun, I sent an extra copy I had of the childhood book The Tough Winter. It's about rabbits and other woodland animals making it through a "tough winter," hence the envelope decorations.


The envelope was to a friend.  The enclosed card had a cat an a field of white flowers.


These went to a brother and sister.  They are both working in books from Awana's Truth & Training program, so I wanted to write them on some paper I had for it and use the matching sticky notes as labels (attached with glue stick) yet I didn't want them to be exactly the same, so I used colored envelopes and different stamps...


Then sealed them with different tapes


This is the back of their mom's envelope.  I'm pretty excited about what I wrote on inside, but as she may read this blog, and I'm not sure it arrived yet, I'm holding off on posting it.  It may get it's own post with a printable...


I discovered something making this envelope-my stamp pad was dry, but I just put a couple drops of water on it and it worked fine!


Obviously this still needs another  postage stamp added, but as it didn't match as well, I scanned it before I added the other one.  


I'd love for you to share your mail-themed posts:

The name “Smiles Sent Saturday” denotes my hope these things I mailed made the people who got them smile.

4 comments:

  1. I love your bunny envelope! We have bunny trails in our snow, which is finally just starting to melt. My youngest son's birthday is the first day of spring so the countdown has officially started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun! We used to see those when we lived in the country-I don't know if you saw my post from a few months ago that featured bunny tracks: http://scribblingsarah.blogspot.com/2015/01/smiles-sent-saturdayjanuary-3-2015.html

      Delete
  2. The stenciled rabbits are great. I like how you changed their eyes for the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had thought of it, and when I showed my mom she had the same thought, so I woke them up for spring.

      Delete

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!