December 6, 2011

Top of China Cabinet

Christmas fantleWell, I don’t have a mantel in my house.  We live in a farm house, parts of which are 100+ years old, but there are no longer any fireplaces.  So I have a couple substitutes: this China Cabinet/hutch and the other hutch in the kitchen. The other hutch has a more refined-fancy look, but with this I decided to go for a more classic colors and look on this one with a focus on children.  Ice-cream doesn’t really make me think of Christmas, but that’s where the churn stays, and children enjoy ice-cream, so I thought I’d leave it. I hope to post about the rest of the cabinet later, and if I do I’ll add

a link in this post.


tree and shepherdMy grandfather brought the nesting dolls back from the Ukraine, I think it was.  I think the shepherd and his flock are just too cute.  The milk bottles are another thing that are often up there, I found that some candy canes I had fit in the small one real well.
Christmas DollThe doll is one my mother made me years ago, I believe as a Christmas present.


Here’s the totality:

top of china cabinet

I’m linking up to:

From My Front Porch to Yours: 2011 Holiday Mantel Party

Holiday

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!