December 7, 2011

Metallic Christmas Table

Christmas tableSo, here’s our Christmas table.  I decorated it a little later, I’d done something simple, but then I decided to ratchet up the decorating. My grandmother gave me the trays and we had some balls left over.  Since the table runners I already had on, and our china from my great grandmother had silver on the rim, so I decided to go with a metallic look.  One great thing about this table is I just used things I had on hand, so it didn’t cost me anything, yet I think it worked out well.

 

The plates, these are probably around 40 years, and the table runner we made a few years ago:China plate

.These silver trays was found at my grandmother house when we were putting garland up above her cupboards, and she asked if I would like them (and a smaller one I used on the counter in the kitchen) since she knows and likes the decorating I do.  It went great with my metallic theme.  I decided to pile on some of the unused balls.   Then I found these oil lamps that matched well to put in the center:oil lamps and ball

.We had gotten this three tiered tray from a Pampered Chef party, when I got the little gold balls out I saw they would hang from the top two layers.  I decided to cut up the scraps from out Christmas tree to fill it in and kind of make a mini tree, and added a few balls on the top:

three tray tree

So, that is the table, I hope you like it.

I’m linking up to:

Beautiful Christmas Series: Share Your Christmas Ideas! 

 

The Lettered Cottage

christmas-mantel-link-party-300x300


 

 

 

http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/2011/12/christmas-mantel-link-party-2011.html

 

1 comment:

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!