November 17, 2011

Decorating envelopes with markers

matching envelopeI like to decorate envelopes, when possible to match the cards.  This Thanksgiving I’m trying different mediums.  This is about the ones I used magic markers on.  

 


 

Freehanding leavesFirst, I free-handed a stem w/leaves in a dark marker.
coloring rubber

I used foam shapes to be able to get some, but not too much, accent color.  I just colored some of the orange or green on the foam then used it like a brush to put a little on the tips of the leaves.


Blending colors

Then I went back with the yellow and filled the leave in, which blended the colors together.  It didn’t work quite as well on this envelope as the other one did. Below is the finished leaves that blended best (although I like the shape of the example leaves better).  I think the problem is the yellow marker I used on this second one, had a more orange tinge.

finished - Copy

I’m linking up to:

Somewhat Simple

1 comment:

  1. This is super creative..I love it.. Very inspirational blog you have here.. So much creativity.. Officially following ya with smiles.. I'm Marilyn and will love for you to stop in sometime.. I have a Pin'Inspirational party happening right now I'd LOVE for you to link this to please..? TY so much.. Wishing you a great start to your weekend.. http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/11/pininspirational-thursday.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!