October 7, 2011

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…

IMG_0688Yes, I know Christmas is still over two months away, and personally I like to avoid decorating  or listening to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving (although my entire holiday schedule is off since The Game [Ohio State vs Michigan] is now after Thanksgiving, instead of before, totally changes the whole feel).  But, we are still starting to work on Christmas. 

I’m getting our Christmas card list together and beginning to embellish the envelopes and address them.  This is taking a little more planning than normal since when we bought our cards on clearance last year we picked 3 different kinds, and are picking which one is best for which person/family.  I’m actually a little behind on this, since my goal is to have all my envelopes return addressed by now, but hopefully I’ll be able to

catch up.  My goal is to have them addressed and ready to be signed and notes written right after Thanksgiving.

Preparing Christmas Cards

The other Christmas project my family is already working on is Operation Christmas Child.  If you are unfamiliar with this, it is where people can fill shoeboxes with school & hygiene supplies as well as toys that Samaritan’s Purse then sends them to needy children around the world.  We’ve been doing this for years, and it is a fun way to share with those in need.  An added bonus is that sometimes you get letters back from the children who receive the boxes. We’ve received letters from Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, and Belarus.  The drawing at the top of this post was drawn by Eva a few years ago; she’s a girl from Latvia who received a box from me.  Since the boxes need time to get overseas, they need to be packed by mid-November, for a more Christmas season way to give we have a tradition of looking through their Gift Catalog on Christmas and picking things to give like feeding a needy orphan for a month or helping a family by buying them a goat.

Preparing for OCC 

So, is anyone else working on Christmas yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!