March 12, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Decorations

I put up some St Patrick’s Day decorations this year. The main decorations was the top of this stand by the back door that I also decorated for Christmas and Valentines Day.

The wild irish rose...

This oil lamp is inherited from my Grandmother R and the bottle I found


outside. I had the plate out for Valentine’s Day and left it out – my Mom says it reminders her of the song “My Wild Irish Rose”.

Clover printFramed map of Ireland

I found the frames among some my my Grandmother J. is storing at our house. So I printed off some things to put in them. I found this botanical prints at Wikipedia Commons. I also found the map of Ireland there from Rice University. (You can click on the links to find exactly where I found them, I believe they are all public domain). I found one of our books that were about Ireland, plus two hymnals from my Grandparent R’s church. I also found some quotes attributed to St Patrick on Wikipedia that I picked some and shaped them in Microsoft Publisher. The mattes were in the frames already.

Framed St Patricks quote

Clover Trinket BoxThis little trinket box is the only thing I bought for St. Patrick’s Day. My grandmother gave me some money since I was decorating to buy something. After looking at many options, settled on it on Esty at Kathy Ceramic Rose’s store.




I also added a few touches to the other hutch in our kitchen. I chose to use both orange and green jelly beans since the Irish flag has both colors. Then I just added a string of beads to the bowl and my mom put a candle in it.

Jelly Beans and Candle

Leaf JarI found this cunning canning jar in some old stuff in our shed, I wanted to add some green to it, and my Grandmother J. found some silk flower ivy that I filled the jar with.

I'm linking up at:


Making

2 comments:

Please feel free to share your thoughts-comments will appear after moderation!